Cauliflower cheese soup
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bize-sized pieces
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1¼ t. salt
- 4 cups water
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 t. dill
- In a large stock pot, place cauliflower, potato, onion, carrot, garlic, salt and water. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once they become soft, place soup in food processor (this may take several batches), and puree until smooth.
- Return the soup back to the stock pot.
- Add milk, cheese and dill, and heat until cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish with a bit of extra cheese and dill. Enjoy!