- 1 cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1/4 of a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 500g of strained yogurt (18 ounces)
- 1-2 tbsps of red wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- To prepare this traditional Greek tzatziki sauce recipe, pour in a blender the olive oil and grated garlic and blend until combined.
- Remove the skin and the seeds of the cucumber and grate it into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Wrap the grated cucumber in a towel and squeeze, in order to get rid of the excess water.
- Assemble the tzatziki sauce. In a bowl, add the cucumber, the blended garlic and oil, the yogurt, 1-2 tbsps of red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and blend, until the ingredients are combined. Store the tzatziki sauce in the fridge and always serve cold.
- Prepare this traditional tzatziki sauce for your friends and family and serve as a delicious dip with some warm pita breads aside, or as a sauce for Greek-style souvlaki. Enjoy!